We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All of our positions are subject to appropriate vetting procedures in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education. These checks include a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service, which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, final warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
All offers of employment will be subject to the following satisfactory pre-employment checks:
- Identity Right to Work in UK Disclosure & Barring Service Check (with barred list if in regulated activity)
- Overseas Check if you have lived or worked outside of the UK
- Teacher Prohibition Check (including Letter Of Professional Standing if applicable)
- Childcare Disqualification Declaration. (This will only apply to specific roles)
- Section 128 Check (This will only apply to specific roles)
- Physical and mental capacity for role via Pre-Employment Health Questionnaire process, which may in some cases lead to an Occupational Health Assessment.
- Professional qualifications At least two satisfactory references - further references will be sought if deemed necessary
Please note that all successful applicants will be required to provide original identity documentation in order to complete the above pre-employment checks. Examples of identity documents, which may be requested, are:
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce papers
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driving Licence
Please note that only original and valid documents can be accepted and that all appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks being completed.